Terms & Conditions
This page gives an overview of The National Institute of Education’s terms & conditions in relation to the participation enrollment into the Future Doctors Australia program coordinated and conducted by NIE Careers, NIE Staff, MICAS Staff, and externally contracted industry consultants.
E N R O L L M E N T
After enrolling in the course and paying the deposit or total fees, the student is sent an enrollment conﬁrmation. With the receipt of the enrollment conﬁrmation by the student, the contract takes effect. An invoice is forwarded with the enrollment conﬁrmation, informing the student of the payable course fees.
B O O K I N G D E P O S I T
The student must pay a booking deposit fee of AU$ 490 in order to conﬁrm their attendance on the course. The booking deposit fee is non-refundable. This agreement is conditional on the payment of the non-refundable booking deposit by the student and the agreement is deemed to have come into effect upon the receipt of the booking deposit.
B A L A N C E P A Y M E N T
The full course fees should be received by NIE Careers at least 30 days before the start of the program. For all enrollment applications received within 30 days from the start of the program, the full payment must be paid. All bank charges related to the payment of the course fee shall be borne by the student.
If the NIE Careers does not receive full payment of the course fees by the due date, the student will no longer be entitled to the course booked. In this case, NIE is entitled to make the program available to other interested parties. In case of non-attendance at the booked course, delayed start, early ﬁnish or withdrawal from a course or pre-arranged lesson, or any other absences (e.g. due to illness), there is no claim to reimbursement of the course fees.
P R I V A C Y P R O T E C T I O N
NIE Careers collect, process, and use the personal data of the course student both for the purpose of fulﬁlling the contract signed with the course student and as permitted by law and under the terms of any signed declaration of consent in compliance with privacy protection laws.
P O S T P O N E M E N T
In exceptional cases, students may postpone the course booked (e.g. the start date) subject to the written consent of NIE Careers and subject to the payment of any postponement fee to be communicated to the student by NIE Careers upon request.
C A N C E L L AT I O N
A participant can cancel the course booking subject to agreement and approval by NIE Careers according to the following conditions:
- All cancellations must be made in writing and take effect from the date NIE Careers receives such notice.
- All cancellation requests will be viewed without prejudice and a valid genuine reason must be provided.
- Using a medical condition as a genuine reason, will require a valid and justified certificate from the treating medical professional
- All deposit payments are ﬁnal and no refund of the AU$490 deposit will be made under any circumstances.
- For cancellations before a course start date, the remainder of the course fees less the deposit amount will be proportionally refunded as per the table below:
|Period before start date||Refundable total %|
- All cancellations must be strictly in writing and sent by email to
- Any cancellation must contain the student name, course dates and details and shall be effective upon the date of actual receipt by the NIE Careers.
- NIE Careers reserves the right to cancel the course at any time and will make every effort to provide at least 14 days notice prior to cancellation. You will be notified of this within 24 hours of NIE receiving the cancellation notice.
- In the event of NIE Careers canceling a student’s program, NIE Careers will refund all course fees paid, including the deposit.
Cancellations due to pandemic-related restrictions & policies are eligible for a full refund if Australian government laws prohibit travel OR enforced lockdowns.